What is Tron?
Tron is a blockchain-based, decentralized protocol that aims to construct a worldwide free content entertainment system with the blockchain and distributed storage technology. The protocol allows each user to freely publish, store and own data, and in the decentralized autonomous form, decides the distribution, subscription and push of contents and enables content creators by releasing, circulating and dealing with digital assets, thus forming a decentralized content entertainment ecosystem.
The Tron Protocol, one of the largest blockchain-based operating systems in the world, offers scalable, high-availability and high-throughput support that underlies all the decentralized applications in the TRON ecosystem. The protocol is estimated to have over 10 million users worldwide.
Tron Chart is a blockchain explorer service for the Tron Protocol, providing users with detailed information on blocks, transactions and addresses.
Who Are the Founders Tron?
Tron was founded in 2017 by Justin Sun, who is also the CEO. Prior to founding Tron, Justin was the Chief Representative in Greater China for Ripple and a columnist for Forbes. He is a graduate of Peking University and the recipient of the first ever Gloria Matta Tuchman Award for Student Leadership.
Tron Live Price
Tron’s price history is quite brief since it only began trading in September of 2017. However, in that short time, it has experienced some large swings.
Why is Tron Important?
The Tron Protocol is important because it provides a blockchain-based platform for the development of decentralized applications (dapps). It also offers high scalability, high availability, and high throughput support that is essential for the success of dapps. In addition, Tron is committed to creating a decentralized ecosystem where everyone can freely publish, store, and own data. This is an ambitious goal that could have a major impact on the way we interact with the internet.
What Are Some Tron Use Cases?
Tron can be used to develop dapps in a number of different industries, including but not limited to:
- Social media
The Tron Foundation has laid out an ambitious roadmap for the development of the Tron Protocol. Some of the key milestones include:
- Exodus (Q2 2018): This phase focuses on providing a free and smooth platform for entertainment enthusiasts.
- Odyssey (Q3/4 2018): The goal of this phase is to incentivize content creators through economic incentives so that they are encouraged to produce high-quality content.
- Great Voyage and Apollo (2019): These phases focus on enabling users to issue and trade digital assets on the Tron Protocol.
- Star Trek (2020): The goal of this phase is to achieve a decentralized ecosystem where everyone can freely publish, store and own data.
- Eternity (TBA): The final phase of the roadmap focuses on creating an infrastructure that is scalable and sustainable.